Thursday, October 27, 2005

Real World VS. Cyber world

In our history, tribes have always formed. The simple fact, that people with common ideals, and goals, tend to form groups, tribes, organizations. The power of the many. It's as old as our beginnings.

Today, it's hardly different, merely a altered form. By which I'm referring to the ever growing cyber communities. From newsgroups that began in the late 80's, to the massive web that exists today. Some argue that these is causing more isolation, other counter that the web allows combining of forces for causes much easier. So which is better, real world or Cyber world?

From my experience it is SO easy, to find others with your tastes, beliefs, goals on the net than going out into the world alone. I can proudly say most of my friends, that I now meet in person, etc... where found on the web. I love Toyota MR2s...from that I found MR2.com, IMOC, and a dozen other sites with the same interest. There insued car meets, race teams, the list goes on and on. We joined each others plight from the web and took it to the real world.

I even had a college roomate who met a girl on a bbs (before www), went up to see her. A year later they were married. Following year, a baby girl. All back in '94!

I guarantee you, anything you can have an interest, exists an intercourse on the web. Don't be afraid, go forth, and seek new relationships. Don't seperate the cyber world from the real world, combine them. Enjoy spending time and thoughts with those who share your views.

Life is too short to go through it alone. Find a buddy on the web today, and pull them through the silicon glass that seperates you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home